Re: PgAccess small bug fix

From
Constantin Teodorescu
Date:
> > When "Query design" window is on the screen, "exec" queries cannot be
> > executed.
> > Save the query and then "Open" it. It will exec the query.

Not any more :-)

The new version, 0.85 that I have fixed this evening takes the
appropriate action for "Execute query" button in the design mode.

If it is a "SELECT ..." it will open the query/table viewer, if it's an
action query (Update, Delete, Grant, Insert ...) it will "pg_exec" the
query.

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA

Re: PgAccess small bug fix

From
Simon Shapiro
Date:
On 26-Mar-98 Constantin Teodorescu wrote:
>> > When "Query design" window is on the screen, "exec" queries cannot be
>> > executed.
>> > Save the query and then "Open" it. It will exec the query.
>
> Not any more :-)
>
> The new version, 0.85 that I have fixed this evening takes the
> appropriate action for "Execute query" button in the design mode.
>
> If it is a "SELECT ..." it will open the query/table viewer, if it's an
> action query (Update, Delete, Grant, Insert ...) it will "pg_exec" the
> query.

I am a bit confused.  Where is this new version available form?  Will it be
in the PostgreSQL cvsup tree?  Do you maintain it elsewhere?  For me a
cvsup to pgsql is the best.

----------

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro
Shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG                      Voice:   503.799.2313

Re: PgAccess small bug fix

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> > Not any more :-)
> >
> > The new version, 0.85 that I have fixed this evening takes the
> > appropriate action for "Execute query" button in the design mode.
> >
> > If it is a "SELECT ..." it will open the query/table viewer, if it's an
> > action query (Update, Delete, Grant, Insert ...) it will "pg_exec" the
> > query.
>
> I am a bit confused.  Where is this new version available form?  Will it be
> in the PostgreSQL cvsup tree?  Do you maintain it elsewhere?  For me a
> cvsup to pgsql is the best.

    Updating the CVS repository right now...check it in the next hour
or so...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: PgAccess small bug fix

From
Simon Shapiro
Date:
On 29-Mar-98 The Hermit Hacker wrote:...

>> I am a bit confused.  Where is this new version available form?  Will it
>> be in the PostgreSQL cvsup tree?  Do you maintain it elsewhere?  For me a
>> cvsup to pgsql is the best.
>
>       Updating the CVS repository right now...check it in the next hour
> or so...

Hate to be a nag.  Postgres CVS, or FreeBSD CVS.  for Postgres stuff, I
prefer Postgres CVS :-)

----------

Date:
On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> On 29-Mar-98 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> >> I am a bit confused.  Where is this new version available form?  Will it
> >> be in the PostgreSQL cvsup tree?  Do you maintain it elsewhere?  For me a
> >> cvsup to pgsql is the best.
> >
> >       Updating the CVS repository right now...check it in the next hour
> > or so...
>
> Hate to be a nag.  Postgres CVS, or FreeBSD CVS.  for Postgres stuff, I
> prefer Postgres CVS :-)

    I don't touch the FreeBSD ports collection, mainly because I
haven't had time to figure it out :(  The only CVS repository that I
update as far as PostgreSQL is concerned is the PostgreSQL one...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: PgAccess small bug fix

From
Simon Shapiro
Date:
On 30-Mar-98 The Hermit Hacker wrote:

..

>       I don't touch the FreeBSD ports collection, mainly because I
> haven't had time to figure it out :(  The only CVS repository that I
> update as far as PostgreSQL is concerned is the PostgreSQL one...

The ports collection is actually very simple and very nice.  took me all
but one day to learn it.  The .mk files driving it are a different story
altogether :-)

I will remember that.  Thanx.  Will pull it out soon.

What implies from your note that it is in the cvsup server sort of
contradicts the FreeBSd porter who states that pgacess, separate from
postgresql, is frsher, newer, and better.  If he is wrong (could be), then
we might want to merge the two packages.

----------

Date:
On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Simon Shapiro wrote:

> On 30-Mar-98 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> ..
>
> >       I don't touch the FreeBSD ports collection, mainly because I
> > haven't had time to figure it out :(  The only CVS repository that I
> > update as far as PostgreSQL is concerned is the PostgreSQL one...
>
> The ports collection is actually very simple and very nice.  took me all
> but one day to learn it.  The .mk files driving it are a different story
> altogether :-)
>
> I will remember that.  Thanx.  Will pull it out soon.
>
> What implies from your note that it is in the cvsup server sort of
> contradicts the FreeBSd porter who states that pgacess, separate from
> postgresql, is frsher, newer, and better.  If he is wrong (could be), then
> we might want to merge the two packages.

    Nope...pgaccess is found at www.flex.ro/pgaccess(?) ...  we have
it included, also, as part of our src/bin directory, but, for the release,
tha only contains the newest version *at the time of* release...

    We update the CVSup server at www.postgresql.org periodically to
keep up with Constantin's work, but it doesn't get udpated in the
'release' distribution

Date:
On 30-Mar-98 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
..

>       Nope...pgaccess is found at www.flex.ro/pgaccess(?) ...  we have
> it included, also, as part of our src/bin directory, but, for the
> release,
> tha only contains the newest version *at the time of* release...

OK, the release is infrequent.

>       We update the CVSup server at www.postgresql.org periodically to
> keep up with Constantin's work, but it doesn't get udpated in the
> 'release' distribution

but the ``-current'' is timely.  Good.  Thanx.