Missing markup in pg_receivexlog.sgml

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
Hi all,

Per $subject, I noticed that a markup was missing in the description
of the option --synchronous.
Patch is attached.
Michael

Attachment

Re: Missing markup in pg_receivexlog.sgml

From
Heikki Linnakangas
Date:
On 02/03/2015 05:59 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Per $subject, I noticed that a markup was missing in the description
> of the option --synchronous.

> +        Issue <command>sync</> commands as soon as there is WAL data which has
> +        not been flushed yet. Also status packets are sent back to the server
> +        just after WAL data is flushed whatever <literal>--status-interval</>
> +        is set to.

Hmm. That would imply that pg_receivexlog calls /bin/sync. "sync
command" was confusing before, but putting it in <command> tags makes it
even more so.

I think that should be rewritten:

Flush the WAL data to disk immediately after it's being received. Also
send a status packet back to the server immediately after flushing,
regardless of <literal>--status-interval</>

- Heikki

Re: Missing markup in pg_receivexlog.sgml

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> Flush the WAL data to disk immediately after it's being received. Also send
> a status packet back to the server immediately after flushing, regardless of
> <literal>--status-interval</>
Yes, that's indeed better. As long as I am on it, attached is a patch
for that...
--

Date:
On 02/03/2015 10:27 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 4:25 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>> Flush the WAL data to disk immediately after it's being received. Also send
>> a status packet back to the server immediately after flushing, regardless of
>> <literal>--status-interval</>
> Yes, that's indeed better. As long as I am on it, attached is a patch
> for that...

Ok, thanks :-). Applied.

- Heikki