Re: Missing markup in pg_receivexlog.sgml - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Missing markup in pg_receivexlog.sgml
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/03/2015 05:59 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Per $subject, I noticed that a markup was missing in the description
> of the option --synchronous.

> +        Issue <command>sync</> commands as soon as there is WAL data which has
> +        not been flushed yet. Also status packets are sent back to the server
> +        just after WAL data is flushed whatever <literal>--status-interval</>
> +        is set to.

Hmm. That would imply that pg_receivexlog calls /bin/sync. "sync
command" was confusing before, but putting it in <command> tags makes it
even more so.

I think that should be rewritten:

Flush the WAL data to disk immediately after it's being received. Also
send a status packet back to the server immediately after flushing,
regardless of <literal>--status-interval</>

- Heikki