Draft release notes up for review

Date:
First draft of release notes for the upcoming minor releases is committed
at

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=77e9125e847adf76e9466814781957c0f32d8554

It should be visible on the documentation website after guaibasaurus does
its next buildfarm run, a couple hours from now.

Please let me know of any corrections ASAP.

Note that I've been fairly ruthless about removing items altogether if
they were unlikely to have clear user-visible impact, because the notes
were eye-glazingly long already.  Please mention it if you see any
remaining items that we could dispense with ... or if you think I
underestimated the significance of anything that got dropped.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Draft release notes up for review

From
Amit Langote
Date:
On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 7:37 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Please let me know of any corrections ASAP.
>
> Note that I've been fairly ruthless about removing items altogether if
> they were unlikely to have clear user-visible impact, because the notes
> were eye-glazingly long already.  Please mention it if you see any
> remaining items that we could dispense with ... or if you think I
> underestimated the significance of anything that got dropped.

Perhaps the following two missed?

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=deadbf4f3324f7b2826cac60dd212dfa1b0084ec

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=cd63c57e5cbfc16239aa6837f8b7043a721cdd28

Thanks,
Amit

Re: Draft release notes up for review

Date:
Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> writes:
> Perhaps the following two missed?

> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=deadbf4f3324f7b2826cac60dd212dfa1b0084ec

> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=cd63c57e5cbfc16239aa6837f8b7043a721cdd28

Hm?  Those are both included ... right next to each other in fact,
starting at about line 275 in release-9.4.sgml as it currently stands.

Date:
On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> writes:
>> Perhaps the following two missed?
>
>> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=deadbf4f3324f7b2826cac60dd212dfa1b0084ec
>
>> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=cd63c57e5cbfc16239aa6837f8b7043a721cdd28
>
> Hm?  Those are both included ... right next to each other in fact,
> starting at about line 275 in release-9.4.sgml as it currently stands.

Oops, was looking for them on a wrong page.

Sorry about the noise.

Thanks,
Amit

I wrote:
> First draft of release notes for the upcoming minor releases is committed
> at
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=77e9125e847adf76e9466814781957c0f32d8554
> It should be visible on the documentation website after guaibasaurus does
> its next buildfarm run, a couple hours from now.

BTW, that's up now at

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-4-1.html
        regards, tom lane