commitfest status

From
Robert Haas
Date:
Hi,

Is anybody working on closing out the "in progress" CommitFest?

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=22

I think anything that is "waiting on author" should certainly be
bounced at this point, and stuff that never got reviewed or is ready
for committer should probably be moved to the next CF.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: commitfest status

From
Amit Kapila
Date:
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 10:57 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anybody working on closing out the "in progress" CommitFest?
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=22

If you or others don't have any objection, then I will do this on
coming weekend.

> I think anything that is "waiting on author" should certainly be
> bounced at this point, and stuff that never got reviewed

In past, I have seen that we try to make sure that each patch
gets atleast one review in CF, so do you think we should try
that this time as well (I think patches which don't have even one
review are not too many).  To be honest, I don't have any concrete
plan to make that happen except for identifying such patches and
request on list for a review of those patches or may be try to review
myself for one or more of those.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Re: commitfest status

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> In past, I have seen that we try to make sure that each patch
> gets atleast one review in CF, so do you think we should try
> that this time as well (I think patches which don't have even one
> review are not too many).  To be honest, I don't have any concrete
> plan to make that happen except for identifying such patches and
> request on list for a review of those patches or may be try to review
> myself for one or more of those.

By looking at the commit fest app...

Some patches did not get a review and do not have assigned reviewers:
- CSN snapshots
- Event trigger, object creation
- Partial sort
- Refactor SSL code to support other SSL implementations
Not the easiest ones.

Some have reviewers but didn't get a review:
- Reducing impact of hints/cleanup for SELECTs
- pg_shmem_allocations view
- contrib/fastbloat - tool for quickly assessing bloat stats for a table

There are as well a couple of patches that have received some comments
but seem somewhat in a stale state:
- KNN-GiST with recheck has received comments from Heikki that have
not been addressed, so I switched it now to "Waiting on author"
- Patch for generic atomics has received some feedback but status is
unclear by looking at the commit fest app.
- Per table autovacuum vacuum cost parameters behavior change
Michael

Re: commitfest status

From
Abhijit Menon-Sen
Date:
At 2014-07-30 13:27:24 -0400, robertmhaas@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anybody working on closing out the "in progress" CommitFest?

Yes. I was away for a few days, but I'm back at work now and will move
the patches.

-- Abhijit

Re: commitfest status

From
Amit Kapila
Date:
On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> At 2014-07-30 13:27:24 -0400, robertmhaas@gmail.com wrote:
> > Is anybody working on closing out the "in progress" CommitFest?
>
> Yes. I was away for a few days, but I'm back at work now and will move
> the patches.

Okay.  It makes sense if you could do this as you are already aware of
status for most of patches.

Thanks.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.