[9.4 CF 1]Commitfest ... over!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

The first CF for the 9.4 development cycle is officially over.

In all, 49 patches were committed, 47 were returned with feedback, 6
were rejected outright, and 6 were punted to CF2.  We're 17 days over
the CF deadline at this point, but that's unsurprising considering that
this CF included a record number of patches -- 108 patches at peak,
compared with 59 for last year's CF1, and 101 for even CF4.  So this
was, measured strictly by patch count, the biggest CF ever (of course,
that's not the only measure).

See my blog at
http://www.databasesoup.com/2013/08/94-commitfest-1-wrap-up.html for
some additional details.

Given that we can expect to be dealing with more patches per CF in the
future, I'd like some feedback about what things would make the CF
process more efficient.  For that matter, for the first time we tried
enforcing some of the "rules" of CFs this time, and I'd like to hear if
people think that helped.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: [9.4 CF 1]Commitfest ... over!

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 08/02/2013 04:47 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The first CF for the 9.4 development cycle is officially over.

Also, I wanted to say "thank you" to:- Mike Blackwell, assistant CFM- all 30+ reviewers and committers (list to come)

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: [9.4 CF 1]Commitfest ... over!

From
Satoshi Nagayasu
Date:
(2013/08/03 8:47), Josh Berkus wrote:
> Given that we can expect to be dealing with more patches per CF in the
> future, I'd like some feedback about what things would make the CF
> process more efficient.  For that matter, for the first time we tried
> enforcing some of the "rules" of CFs this time, and I'd like to hear if
> people think that helped.

The 5-day rule (and the notifications from CFM) seemed to be working
for me. It helped me focus on the patch review.

Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga@uptime.jp>
Uptime Technologies, LLC. http://www.uptime.jp

Re: [9.4 CF 1]Commitfest ... over!

From
Amit Kapila
Date:
On Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:17 AM Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The first CF for the 9.4 development cycle is officially over.
>
> In all, 49 patches were committed, 47 were returned with feedback, 6
> were rejected outright, and 6 were punted to CF2.  We're 17 days over
> the CF deadline at this point, but that's unsurprising considering that
> this CF included a record number of patches -- 108 patches at peak,
> compared with 59 for last year's CF1, and 101 for even CF4.  So this
> was, measured strictly by patch count, the biggest CF ever (of course,
> that's not the only measure).
>
> See my blog at
> http://www.databasesoup.com/2013/08/94-commitfest-1-wrap-up.html for
> some additional details.
>
> Given that we can expect to be dealing with more patches per CF in the
> future, I'd like some feedback about what things would make the CF
> process more efficient.  For that matter, for the first time we tried
> enforcing some of the "rules" of CFs this time, and I'd like to hear if
> people think that helped.

First of all Thank you very much for running a wonderful Commit  Fest.
The best part according to me is that all patches got fair review comments/suggestions to improve.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Re: [9.4 CF 1]Commitfest ... over!

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> wrote:
> First of all Thank you very much for running a wonderful Commit  Fest.

Yes.  Thanks, Josh.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company