[9.4 CF 1]Commitfest ... over! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject [9.4 CF 1]Commitfest ... over!
Date
Re: [9.4 CF 1]Commitfest ... over!  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Folks,

The first CF for the 9.4 development cycle is officially over.

In all, 49 patches were committed, 47 were returned with feedback, 6
were rejected outright, and 6 were punted to CF2.  We're 17 days over
the CF deadline at this point, but that's unsurprising considering that
this CF included a record number of patches -- 108 patches at peak,
compared with 59 for last year's CF1, and 101 for even CF4.  So this
was, measured strictly by patch count, the biggest CF ever (of course,
that's not the only measure).

See my blog at
http://www.databasesoup.com/2013/08/94-commitfest-1-wrap-up.html for
some additional details.

Given that we can expect to be dealing with more patches per CF in the
future, I'd like some feedback about what things would make the CF
process more efficient.  For that matter, for the first time we tried
enforcing some of the "rules" of CFs this time, and I'd like to hear if
people think that helped.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.