ECPG parse.pl and parse2.pl

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Surely we don't need parse.pl and parse2.pl?  parse.pl, the one that's
not used, it already showing signs of semi-bit-rot:

Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at ./parse.pl line 21.

I propose that we move parse2.pl to parse.pl and only keep the one.

Re: ECPG parse.pl and parse2.pl

Date:
> Surely we don't need parse.pl and parse2.pl?  parse.pl, the one that's
> not used, it already showing signs of semi-bit-rot:

> Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at ./parse.pl line 21.

> I propose that we move parse2.pl to parse.pl and only keep the one.

Yes.  This was objected to immediately when Michael made it that way in
the first place, but he didn't change it.  I don't think we need to use
HEAD as a repository for obsolete code, when we have a perfectly good
SCM.
        regards, tom lane

Re: ECPG parse.pl and parse2.pl

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:59:38PM +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I propose that we move parse2.pl to parse.pl and only keep the one.

I agree, thanks for taking care.

Originally I wanted to keep parse.pl around for a bit, so I could run both and
compare the output over the development cycle. But with 9.1 being so close,
there's no need for the old script anymore.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at googlemail dot com