Re: [GENERAL] Error compiling sepgsql in PG9.1

From
Kohei Kaigai
Date:
The attached patch enables to abort configure script when we run it with '--with-selinux'
option, but libselinux is older than minimum requirement to SE-PostgreSQL.

As the documentation said, it needs libselinux-2.0.93 at least, because this or later
version support selabel_lookup(3) for database object classes; used to initial labeling.

The current configure script checks existence of libselinux, but no version checks.
(getpeercon_raw(3) has been a supported API for a long term.)
The selinux_sepgsql_context_path(3) is a good watermark of libselinux-2.0.93 instead.

NEC Europe Ltd, SAP Global Competence Center
KaiGai Kohei <kohei.kaigai@emea.nec.com>

Attachment

Re: [GENERAL] Error compiling sepgsql in PG9.1

From
Robert Haas
Date:
2011/5/24 Kohei Kaigai <Kohei.Kaigai@emea.nec.com>:
> The attached patch enables to abort configure script when we run it with '--with-selinux'
> option, but libselinux is older than minimum requirement to SE-PostgreSQL.
>
> As the documentation said, it needs libselinux-2.0.93 at least, because this or later
> version support selabel_lookup(3) for database object classes; used to initial labeling.
>
> The current configure script checks existence of libselinux, but no version checks.
> (getpeercon_raw(3) has been a supported API for a long term.)
> The selinux_sepgsql_context_path(3) is a good watermark of libselinux-2.0.93 instead.

Looks to me like you need to adjust the wording of the error message.

Maybe "libselinux version 2.0.93 or newer is required", or something like that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [GENERAL] Error compiling sepgsql in PG9.1

Date:
> 2011/5/24 Kohei Kaigai <Kohei.Kaigai@emea.nec.com>:
>> The attached patch enables to abort configure script when we run it with '--with-selinux'
>> option, but libselinux is older than minimum requirement to SE-PostgreSQL.

> Looks to me like you need to adjust the wording of the error message.
> Maybe "libselinux version 2.0.93 or newer is required", or something like that.

Yeah.  Applied with that change.

BTW, it's not helpful to include the diff of the generated configure
script in such patches.  The committer will run autoconf for himself,
and from a readability standpoint the generated file is quite useless.
        regards, tom lane