why do we have rd_istemp?

From
Robert Haas
Date:
Given "Relation rel", it looks to me like rel->rd_rel->relistemp will
always give the same answer as rel->rd_istemp.  So why have both?

...Robert

Re: why do we have rd_istemp?

Date:
> Given "Relation rel", it looks to me like rel->rd_rel->relistemp will
> always give the same answer as rel->rd_istemp.  So why have both?

Might be historical --- relistemp is pretty new.
        regards, tom lane

Re: why do we have rd_istemp?

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Given "Relation rel", it looks to me like rel->rd_rel->relistemp will
> > always give the same answer as rel->rd_istemp.  So why have both?
>
> Might be historical --- relistemp is pretty new.

Is this a TODO or something we want to clean up?

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: why do we have rd_istemp?

Date:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Given "Relation rel", it looks to me like rel->rd_rel->relistemp will
>>> always give the same answer as rel->rd_istemp.  So why have both?
>>
>> Might be historical --- relistemp is pretty new.

> Is this a TODO or something we want to clean up?

Doesn't strike me that it's worth the amount of code that would have to
change.  rd_istemp is known in a lot of places.  Replacing it with a
double indirection doesn't seem attractive anyway.
        regards, tom lane