buildfarm failures in ECPG-Check

From
Jeremy Drake
Date:
It looks like something broke the ECPG-Check recently.  A number of
buildfarm members are failing.

--
Lewis's Law of Travel:The first piece of luggage out of the chute doesn't belong toanyone, ever.

Re: buildfarm failures in ECPG-Check

Date:
Jeremy Drake <pgsql@jdrake.com> writes:
> It looks like something broke the ECPG-Check recently.  A number of
> buildfarm members are failing.

Looks like blow-back from the recent change in default GUC parameters.

However, I think "update the expected output" is the wrong answer,
because what we are looking at here is evidence that the ecpg checks
will fail anyway against an installed system with nondefault settings.
That test needs to be modified so that it doesn't depend on the value
of any GUC parameter that it hasn't set for itself.
        regards, tom lane

Re: buildfarm failures in ECPG-Check

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 06:54:15PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Looks like blow-back from the recent change in default GUC parameters.
>
> However, I think "update the expected output" is the wrong answer,

I completely agree and thus changed this example to only show variable
settings of variable the program sets itself.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes