Initdb segfaults during "initializing pg_authid"

From
Wade Klaver
Date:
Hello folks,
Initdb seems to barf on me during the pg_authid bit.  Below are the specifics.
Please ask if you need anything else.  The build is CVS -HEAD.

Initdb output:
pgsql@arch-~:bin/initdb
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "pgsql".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... 3500/175000
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1 ... ok
initializing pg_authid ... Segmentation fault (core dumped)
child process exited with exit code 139
initdb: removing data directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data"

pgsql@arch-~:uname -a
FreeBSD arch.wavefire.com 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #0: Thu Nov  3
10:59:55 PST 2005
root@arch.wavefire.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WORKSTATION-5.0-SMP  i386

(gdb) bt
#0  0x080bb086 in FuncnameGetCandidates ()
#1  0x080e08d6 in LookupFuncName ()
#2  0x0810ebf3 in CreateTrigger ()
#3  0x08197c57 in PortalRunUtility ()
#4  0x081981ad in PortalRun ()
#5  0x08194306 in exec_simple_query ()
#6  0x08196394 in PostgresMain ()
#7  0x0813c908 in main ()

--
Wade Klaver
Wavefire Technologies Corporation

/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  .
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  .X  - NO Word docs in e-mail .

Re: Initdb segfaults during "initializing pg_authid"

Date:
Wade Klaver <archeron@wavefire.com> writes:
> Initdb seems to barf on me during the pg_authid bit.  Below are the specifics.
> Please ask if you need anything else.  The build is CVS -HEAD.

Are you sure it's a clean build?  "make distclean" and trying again is
often the first thing to try when seeing unexpected problems with a CVS
pull.

If that doesn't help, please try it with --enable-debug --enable-cassert
so we can get more info.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Initdb segfaults during "initializing pg_authid"

From
Wade Klaver
Date:
Looks like the distclean may have done it.  I thought I had already, but who
knows.
Thanks.-Wade