Buildfarm failure - pl/tcl on snake

From
"Dave Page"
Date:
CVS HEAD is consistently failing on snake in pl/tcl, whilst
REL8_0_STABLE is passing just fine.
 select * from T_pkey1 order by key1 using @<, key2;  key1 |         key2         |                   txt

------+----------------------+------------------------------------------
-     1 | KEY1-3               | should work
     1 | key1-1               | test key
     1 | key1-2               | test key
     1 | key1-3               | test key
     2 | key2-3               | test key
     2 | key2-9               | test key
 (6 rows)
--- 166,175 ---- select * from T_pkey1 order by key1 using @<, key2;  key1 |         key2         |
txt

------+----------------------+------------------------------------------     1 | key1-1               | test key
     1 | key1-2               | test key
     1 | key1-3               | test key

+     1 | KEY1-3               | should work
     2 | key2-3               | test key
     2 | key2-9               | test key
 (6 rows)

Loris, the only other Win32 box with TCL, is green. Does anyone know
what might be causing this?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Buildfarm failure - pl/tcl on snake

Date:
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> CVS HEAD is consistently failing on snake in pl/tcl,

Looks like a locale issue to me, ie, sort order of "KEY" relative to "key".
Are you running the installcheck tests in C locale?

(If the buildfarm script doesn't force C locale, maybe it should.)
        regards, tom lane

Re: Buildfarm failure - pl/tcl on snake

From
Andrew Dunstan

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>

>>CVS HEAD is consistently failing on snake in pl/tcl,
>>

>Looks like a locale issue to me, ie, sort order of "KEY" relative to "key".
>Are you running the installcheck tests in C locale?
>
>(If the buildfarm script doesn't force C locale, maybe it should.)

Latest CVS tip version does. Dave, please update your run_build.pl
tohttp://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/pgbuildfarm/client-code/run_build.pl?rev=1.35&content-type=text/plain

I will cut a bug fix release shortly.

The reason we don't see the error on REL8_0_STABLE is that PL checks are
only done at all on HEAD right now, because they take advantage of the
unified installcheck infrastructure we put in place a couple of months
back and which of course was not backported.

cheers

andrew

Re: Buildfarm failure - pl/tcl on snake

From
"Dave Page"

Okay, no problem. FWIW, the locale defaults to English_United
Kingdom.1252 on Snake.
> I will cut a bug fix release shortly.
>
> The reason we don't see the error on REL8_0_STABLE is that PL
> checks are
> only done at all on HEAD right now, because they take
> advantage of the
> unified installcheck infrastructure we put in place a couple
> of months
> back and which of course was not backported.

Ahh, must have missed that.

/D