Re: Buildfarm failure - pl/tcl on snake - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Buildfarm failure - pl/tcl on snake
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>

>>CVS HEAD is consistently failing on snake in pl/tcl,
>>

>Looks like a locale issue to me, ie, sort order of "KEY" relative to "key".
>Are you running the installcheck tests in C locale?
>
>(If the buildfarm script doesn't force C locale, maybe it should.)

Latest CVS tip version does. Dave, please update your run_build.pl
tohttp://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/pgbuildfarm/client-code/run_build.pl?rev=1.35&content-type=text/plain

I will cut a bug fix release shortly.

The reason we don't see the error on REL8_0_STABLE is that PL checks are
only done at all on HEAD right now, because they take advantage of the
unified installcheck infrastructure we put in place a couple of months
back and which of course was not backported.

cheers

andrew