Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> >> What is being worked on right now is effectively reducing
> things down
> >> to:
> >>
> >> postgresql-server (including libpq)
> >> postgresql-<insert add on here>
> >
> > So you mean to get an equivalent of
> postgresql-8.0.2.tar.bz2, I will
> > have to download 30+ tarballs?
>
> Or the WTKS one ... which will exist from day one, but not as
> "integrated"
> as Josh would like us to get to eventually ...

I assume "as integrated as today", meaning I still only need to do one
"./configure" and one "make"? If not then it really takes away much of
the point, doing "mget *.tar.gz" isn't that much harder than specifying
a file..

//Magnus

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
On Fri, 6 May 2005, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> things down

>>> So you mean to get an equivalent of
>> postgresql-8.0.2.tar.bz2, I will
>>> have to download 30+ tarballs?
>>
>> Or the WTKS one ... which will exist from day one, but not as
>> "integrated"
>> as Josh would like us to get to eventually ...
>
> I assume "as integrated as today", meaning I still only need to do one
> "./configure" and one "make"?

Correct, it may be something that someone can figure out how to do easily
(or, already knows how to do) though ... just haven't had anyone step up
to the plate on it, and don't expect someone to until there is something
for them to base the work on.

> If not then it really takes away much of
> the point, doing "mget *.tar.gz" isn't that much harder than specifying
> a file..

If you seriously install *every* PL and every contrib file on your server,
then that is an option ...

----