Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> >> What is being worked on right now is effectively reducing
> things down
> >> to:
> >>
> >> postgresql-server (including libpq)
> >> postgresql-<insert add on here>
> >
> > So you mean to get an equivalent of
> postgresql-8.0.2.tar.bz2, I will
> > have to download 30+ tarballs?
>
> Or the WTKS one ... which will exist from day one, but not as
> "integrated"
> as Josh would like us to get to eventually ...

I assume "as integrated as today", meaning I still only need to do one
"./configure" and one "make"? If not then it really takes away much of
the point, doing "mget *.tar.gz" isn't that much harder than specifying
a file..

//Magnus