slides on the optimizer

From
Neil Conway
Date:
A few hours ago, I gave a talk at linux.conf.au on the internals of the
PostgreSQL query optimizer. The slides are here:
    http://neilc.treehou.se/optimizer.pdf

Corrections or suggestions for improvement are welcome. The LaTeX source
is also available if anyone wants it. If you'd like to use the material
for any reason, you are welcome to (it is public domain).

-Neil

Re: slides on the optimizer

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Great ! I recall we have repository of documents and presentations, but
don't remember where :) Josh should know, at least. Yesterday, I gave a
45 minutes talk at annual conference "Corporative Databases" in Moscow, Russian
Academy of Science  and also have slides, a paper (both in Russian) I'd like to
put into repositary. btw, there were all major commercial databases plus
PostgreSQL, Firebird, MySQL, Ingres r3. I got nice audience and a lot of
questions. Many people are thinking about using PostgreSQL and interested in
administrative tasks mostly, they are sure other things PostgreSQL does very
well. I got request from some publisher to write a book about PostgreSQL.
Also, people ask about certificate. Do we have a consensus about
certification center ? It's interesting, that some people ask about how
to buy PostgreSQL :)
    Oleg

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Neil Conway wrote:

> A few hours ago, I gave a talk at linux.conf.au on the internals of the
> PostgreSQL query optimizer. The slides are here:
>
>    http://neilc.treehou.se/optimizer.pdf
>
> Corrections or suggestions for improvement are welcome. The LaTeX source is
> also available if anyone wants it. If you'd like to use the material for any
> reason, you are welcome to (it is public domain).
>
> -Neil

>   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: slides on the optimizer

From
elein@varlena.com (elein)
Date:
If it is ok with you, I'll review these for a General Bits article
and then link them up at varlena.com/GeneralBits/Tidbits
with some of the other talks I've collected.

--elein