Re: slides on the optimizer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: slides on the optimizer
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Great ! I recall we have repository of documents and presentations, but
don't remember where :) Josh should know, at least. Yesterday, I gave a
45 minutes talk at annual conference "Corporative Databases" in Moscow, Russian
Academy of Science  and also have slides, a paper (both in Russian) I'd like to
put into repositary. btw, there were all major commercial databases plus
PostgreSQL, Firebird, MySQL, Ingres r3. I got nice audience and a lot of
questions. Many people are thinking about using PostgreSQL and interested in
administrative tasks mostly, they are sure other things PostgreSQL does very
well. I got request from some publisher to write a book about PostgreSQL.
Also, people ask about certificate. Do we have a consensus about
certification center ? It's interesting, that some people ask about how
to buy PostgreSQL :)
    Oleg

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Neil Conway wrote:

> A few hours ago, I gave a talk at linux.conf.au on the internals of the
> PostgreSQL query optimizer. The slides are here:
>
>    http://neilc.treehou.se/optimizer.pdf
>
> Corrections or suggestions for improvement are welcome. The LaTeX source is
> also available if anyone wants it. If you'd like to use the material for any
> reason, you are welcome to (it is public domain).
>
> -Neil

>   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83