BuildFarm status: recent check failures

From
Michael Glaesemann
Date:
Just a quick heads-up: I'm not sure of the cause, but it looks like
something recent change to HEAD and REL8_0_STABLE is causing check
failures on the buildfarm machines. A brief (and thoroughly naive)
glance at the details shows a horology test failure.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: BuildFarm status: recent check failures

Date:
Michael Glaesemann <grzm@myrealbox.com> writes:
> Just a quick heads-up: I'm not sure of the cause, but it looks like
> something recent change to HEAD and REL8_0_STABLE is causing check
> failures on the buildfarm machines. A brief (and thoroughly naive)
> glance at the details shows a horology test failure.

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/regress-evaluation.html#AEN22575
        regards, tom lane

Re: BuildFarm status: recent check failures

From
"Jim Buttafuoco"
Date:
Why doesn't the regression test set the timezone to GMT instead of PST.  I believe the horology test would just work
then.

Jim

> > Just a quick heads-up: I'm not sure of the cause, but it looks like
> > something recent change to HEAD and REL8_0_STABLE is causing check
> > failures on the buildfarm machines. A brief (and thoroughly naive)
> > glance at the details shows a horology test failure.
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/regress-evaluation.html#AEN22575
>
>             regards, tom lane

------- End of Original Message -------

Re: BuildFarm status: recent check failures

Date:
"Jim Buttafuoco" <jim@contactbda.com> writes:
> Why doesn't the regression test set the timezone to GMT instead of PST.  I believe the horology test would just work
then.

... and lose any semblance of testing DST-aware behavior.  Lobotomizing
the regression test isn't the answer.

(What is the answer, IMHO, is to make the interval datatype able to
distinguish "1 day" from "24 hours".)
        regards, tom lane