PostgreSQL pam ldap document

From
Adrian Nida
Date:
All,

    I visited #postgresql @ FreeNode and asked about how to make pg use pam
about a week ago (specifically I wanted to auth against LDAP).  I was
told to figure it out and write a doc...

Here is my attempt at doing so:  http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostGreSQL

Please review for accuracy and/or proofreading.

Thanks,

Adrian

Re: PostgreSQL pam ldap document

Date:
Adrian Nida wrote:
> All,
>
>     I visited #postgresql @ FreeNode and asked about how to make pg use pam
> about a week ago (specifically I wanted to auth against LDAP).  I was
> told to figure it out and write a doc...
>
> Here is my attempt at doing so:  http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostGreSQL
>
> Please review for accuracy and/or proofreading.

I get a "not exists" error on that URL.

I assume you looked at:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/auth-methods.html#AUTH-PAM

Do you have additions to it?

Re: PostgreSQL pam ldap document

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 11:42:53AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Adrian Nida wrote:
> > All,
> >
> >     I visited #postgresql @ FreeNode and asked about how to make pg use pam
> > about a week ago (specifically I wanted to auth against LDAP).  I was
> > told to figure it out and write a doc...
> >
> > Here is my attempt at doing so:  http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostGreSQL
> >
> > Please review for accuracy and/or proofreading.
>
> I get a "not exists" error on that URL.

http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostgreSQL

(only 4 capital letters) works.

> I assume you looked at:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/auth-methods.html#AUTH-PAM
>
> Do you have additions to it?

'pears so :)

phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

Re: [ADMIN] PostgreSQL pam ldap document

From
Adrian Nida
Date:
<Snip/>
>>Here is my attempt at doing so:  http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostGreSQL
<Snip/>
> I get a "not exists" error on that URL.
Sorry, I renamed the URL after someone pointed out the correct spelling.
  This was a link to the old one.  I apologize for the confusion, the
right URL is:

http://itc.musc.edu/wiki/PostgreSQL

> I assume you looked at:
>     http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/auth-methods.html#AUTH-PAM
> Do you have additions to it?

Yes, I did look at it.  No offense to the original author, but my doc
has a lot more than the four sentences that are there.  I was hoping it
would help others in my situation.  Again any and all
comments/questions/blah are appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian

Attachment