Question to tea leaf readers

From
Andreas Pflug
Date:
We (pgAdmin Development Team) want to release pgAdmin III V1.2 real soon
now, we have the RC version out for a while. Very shortly after we
tagged our RC1 version, the pgsql catalog changed mostly unnoticed by
our core developers (including Dave Page and me), which rendered
pgadmin3RC1 nonfunctional for pgsql8.0beta5.

I wonder if anybody here suspects that some problem under current
investigation might lead to another last-minute catalog change,
corrupting our 8.0 support again.

I know trying to answer my question is speculation to some extent, but
if the tea leaves don't tell, maybe somebody can ask his magic crystal ball?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Question to tea leaf readers

Date:
Andreas Pflug <Andreas.Pflug@web.de> writes:
> I wonder if anybody here suspects that some problem under current
> investigation might lead to another last-minute catalog change,
> corrupting our 8.0 support again.

There aren't any open problems that might require a catalog change,
and I have my own (Red-Hat-related) reasons for not wanting to see
another initdb before 8.0 final.  But there's no guarantee.  If we
find a problem that can't reasonably be solved without a catalog
change, then there'll be one...
        regards, tom lane