Companies, Version 8.0 release

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

We will be listing some of the companies who made major contributions to
PostgreSQL 8.0 in the press release.   I'd like to make sure I don't leave
anyone out just because I don't know about them.   What we're covering is:
a) any company that under-wrote a feature for 8.0 (such as Fujitsu or 2nd
Quadrant)
b) any company which sponsors a full-time or half-time PostgreSQL developer
who worked on 8.0
c) any company which sponsored a major add-on which was significantly
improved/created in the last year.

Please e-mail  me off-list, and provide some description in case I'm not
familiar with your contributions!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Companies, Version 8.0 release

From
Gavin Sherry
Date:
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> c) any company which sponsored a major add-on which was significantly
> improved/created in the last year.

What would you say falls under this category?

Gavin

Re: Companies, Version 8.0 release

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Gavin,

> > c) any company which sponsored a major add-on which was significantly
> > improved/created in the last year.
>
> What would you say falls under this category?

Slony-I courtesy of Afilias
Command Prompt's PL/PHP
as examples.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Companies, Version 8.0 release

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Oleg,

> is this valid for contrib modules ?

Absolutely.   Provided the contrib modules are *new* for 8.0.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions