Completed TODO item?

From
Gavin Sherry
Date:
* Have psql show more information about sequences

template1=# \d foo_seq
Sequence "public.foo_seq"   Column     |  Type
---------------+---------sequence_name | namelast_value    | bigintincrement_by  | bigintmax_value     |
bigintmin_value    | bigintcache_value   | bigintlog_cnt       | bigintis_cycled     | booleanis_called     | boolean

That item seems to be done or have I missed something?

Gavin

Re: Completed TODO item?

Date:
OK, good, marked as done.

Gavin Sherry wrote:
> * Have psql show more information about sequences
>
> template1=# \d foo_seq
> Sequence "public.foo_seq"
>     Column     |  Type
> ---------------+---------
>  sequence_name | name
>  last_value    | bigint
>  increment_by  | bigint
>  max_value     | bigint
>  min_value     | bigint
>  cache_value   | bigint
>  log_cnt       | bigint
>  is_cycled     | boolean
>  is_called     | boolean
>
> That item seems to be done or have I missed something?
>
> Gavin

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Completed TODO item?

From
Oliver Elphick
Date:
On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 12:49, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, good, marked as done.

> Gavin Sherry wrote:
> > * Have psql show more information about sequences
> >
> > template1=# \d foo_seq
> > Sequence "public.foo_seq"
> >     Column     |  Type
> > ---------------+---------
> >  sequence_name | name
> >  last_value    | bigint
> >  increment_by  | bigint
> >  max_value     | bigint
> >  min_value     | bigint
> >  cache_value   | bigint
> >  log_cnt       | bigint
> >  is_cycled     | boolean
> >  is_called     | boolean
> >
> > That item seems to be done or have I missed something?

That is not changed since 7.4.

Surely the TODO item means that we should be able to see the values of
all those columns in the sequence.  in 7.4, we just get:

bray=# \ds                List of relationsSchema |          Name          |   Type   | Owner
--------+------------------------+----------+-------prod   | address_id_seq         | sequence | olly

so you can't tell where the sequence is, without doing:

bray=# select * from address_id_seq;sequence_name  | last_value | increment_by |      max_value      |
min_value | cache_value | log_cnt | is_cycled | is_called

----------------+------------+--------------+---------------------+-----------+-------------+---------+-----------+-----------address_id_seq
|      8490 |            1 | 9223372036854775807

|         1 |           1 |       0 | f         | t

Oliver Elphick

Re: Completed TODO item?

Date:
Yep, wording updated:
* Have psql show current values for a sequence

>  address_id_seq |       8490 |            1 | 9223372036854775807
> |         1 |           1 |       0 | f         | t
>

> Oliver Elphick

Pennsylvania19073