cvs problem

From
Patrick Welche
cvs server: Updating src/bin/scripts/po
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/src/bin/scripts/po'
(/projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/src/bin/scripts/po/#cvs.lock):Permission denied

cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/src/bin/scripts/po'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

On a different note, I also wonder about:

M src/backend/parser/gram.c

It seems that you checkout the source with no gram.c. Build it, thus creating
gram.c. Next time you cvs update, you get Attic/gram.c merged in :/ - or is
my use of cvs incorrect? (cvs -z3 update -P -d)

Cheers,

Patrick

Re: cvs problem

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
try it now ... I think its a pathing problem with a cron entry ... just
fixed that, so should be okay now ...

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Patrick Welche wrote:

> cvs server: Updating src/bin/scripts/po
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/src/bin/scripts/po'
(/projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/src/bin/scripts/po/#cvs.lock):Permission denied

> cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/projects/cvsroot/pgsql-server/src/bin/scripts/po'
> cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
>

> On a different note, I also wonder about:
>
> M src/backend/parser/gram.c
>
> It seems that you checkout the source with no gram.c. Build it, thus creating
> gram.c. Next time you cvs update, you get Attic/gram.c merged in :/ - or is
> my use of cvs incorrect? (cvs -z3 update -P -d)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: cvs problem

From
Patrick Welche
Date:
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 11:34:04AM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> try it now ... I think its a pathing problem with a cron entry ... just
> fixed that, so should be okay now ...
> > cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

Yup - that's all fine thanks!

> > On a different note, I also wonder about:
> >
> > M src/backend/parser/gram.c
> >
> > It seems that you checkout the source with no gram.c. Build it, thus creating
> > gram.c. Next time you cvs update, you get Attic/gram.c merged in :/ - or is
> > my use of cvs incorrect? (cvs -z3 update -P -d)

What do you make of this bit?

Cheers,

Patrick

Re: cvs problem

Date:
Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> On a different note, I also wonder about:
>
> M src/backend/parser/gram.c
>
> It seems that you checkout the source with no gram.c. Build it, thus creating
> gram.c. Next time you cvs update, you get Attic/gram.c merged in :/ - or is
> my use of cvs incorrect? (cvs -z3 update -P -d)

Hm.  Doesn't happen for me.  What CVS version are you using?  (I have
1.10.7 and 1.11.2 on two different machines, and neither of them have
any problem with gram.c being present during cvs update ...)  Do you
have any other settings in ~/.cvsrc?
        regards, tom lane

Re: cvs problem

From
Patrick Welche
Date:
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:53:34PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > On a different note, I also wonder about:
> >
> > M src/backend/parser/gram.c
> >
> > It seems that you checkout the source with no gram.c. Build it, thus creating
> > gram.c. Next time you cvs update, you get Attic/gram.c merged in :/ - or is
> > my use of cvs incorrect? (cvs -z3 update -P -d)
>
> Hm.  Doesn't happen for me.  What CVS version are you using?  (I have
> 1.10.7 and 1.11.2 on two different machines, and neither of them have
> any problem with gram.c being present during cvs update ...)  Do you
> have any other settings in ~/.cvsrc?

I have 2 machines which both have a problem with it. However, I found a third
which had Dec 2002 source on it (the other 2 are updated regularly). The
difference was the that the 2 unhappy ones had

/gram.c/2.90/Thu Jul 24 11:45:32 2003//

in src/backend/parser/CVS/Entries whereas the old one didn't.. Editing
Entries fixed it :)

Cheers,

Patrick