Re: cvs problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Patrick Welche
Subject Re: cvs problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:53:34PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > On a different note, I also wonder about:
> >
> > M src/backend/parser/gram.c
> >
> > It seems that you checkout the source with no gram.c. Build it, thus creating
> > gram.c. Next time you cvs update, you get Attic/gram.c merged in :/ - or is
> > my use of cvs incorrect? (cvs -z3 update -P -d)
>
> Hm.  Doesn't happen for me.  What CVS version are you using?  (I have
> 1.10.7 and 1.11.2 on two different machines, and neither of them have
> any problem with gram.c being present during cvs update ...)  Do you
> have any other settings in ~/.cvsrc?

I have 2 machines which both have a problem with it. However, I found a third
which had Dec 2002 source on it (the other 2 are updated regularly). The
difference was the that the 2 unhappy ones had

/gram.c/2.90/Thu Jul 24 11:45:32 2003//

in src/backend/parser/CVS/Entries whereas the old one didn't.. Editing
Entries fixed it :)

Cheers,

Patrick