Urgent : Regarding Submission of Code

From
Srikanth M
Date:
Hi!We have written two new files by name datacube.c in tcop directory
and datacube.h in include directory. We have even changed some
exsisting files. We have made a patch of the files that have been
changed.

But how should we send the new files datacube.c, and datacube.h along with
the patch. Is there any specific procedure to send the files we have
written.

Please tell the procedure of submitting a new file along with the patch.

bye
Srikanth.

Re: Urgent : Regarding Submission of Code

From
"Shridhar Daithankar"
Date:
On 29 Jun 2003 at 19:25, Srikanth M wrote:
> Please tell the procedure of submitting a new file along with the patch.

subscribe to patches list and send the patch there along with descriptions of
changes you have made.

HTH

ByeShridhar

--
COBOL:    An exercise in Artificial Inelegance.

Re: Urgent : Regarding Submission of Code

Date:
First, read the developer's FAQ.  Second, you probably will want to look
at /contrib and see if it can be made into a loadable module.  I am not
sure we would want to have the datacube stuff in the main backend source
tree.

Srikanth M wrote:
> Hi!
>     We have written two new files by name datacube.c in tcop directory
> and datacube.h in include directory. We have even changed some
> exsisting files. We have made a patch of the files that have been
> changed.
>
> But how should we send the new files datacube.c, and datacube.h along with
> the patch. Is there any specific procedure to send the files we have
> written.
>
> Please tell the procedure of submitting a new file along with the patch.
>
> bye
> Srikanth.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Urgent : Regarding Submission of Code

From
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Date:
> First, read the developer's FAQ.  Second, you probably will want to look
> at /contrib and see if it can be made into a loadable module.  I am not
> sure we would want to have the datacube stuff in the main backend source
> tree.

Why not?  It's in SQL99...

Chris

Re: Urgent : Regarding Submission of Code

Date:
Yes, I was wrong. I now see it can't be a loadable module.  I actually
thought it was for data warehousing and not standard SQL.