Bug found: fmgr_info: function : cache lookup failed

From
Bradley Kieser
Date:
If you double-alias a column in a query (yeah, stupid, I know, but I did
it by mistake and others will too!), then the dreaded "fmgr_info:
function <number>: cache lookup failed" message is kicked out. For example:
 select * from company c, references r where r.company_id=c.company.id;

Note that c.company.id references column id in table company twice!

Hope that this finds someone looking at the error handling in the
parser! Should be chucked out as a syntax error.

Brad

Re: Bug found: fmgr_info: function : cache lookup failed

Date:
Bradley Kieser <brad@kieser.net> writes:
> If you double-alias a column in a query (yeah, stupid, I know, but I did
> it by mistake and others will too!), then the dreaded "fmgr_info:
> function <number>: cache lookup failed" message is kicked out. For example:

>   select * from company c, references r where r.company_id=c.company.id;

Can you provide a *complete* example?  Also, what version are you using?
I tried this in 7.2.1:

test72=# create table company (id int);
CREATE
test72=# create table refs(company_id int);
CREATE
test72=# select * from company c, refs r where r.company_id=c.company.id;
ERROR:  No such attribute or function 'company'
        regards, tom lane