Wrong dependency in parallel regression test

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Notice that the parallel regression test runs

parallel group (7 tests):  create_aggregate create_operator inherit
triggers constraints create_misc create_index

create_index creates an index on a table "onek2" which is created in
create_misc.  I just saw this fail because create_index got there first.
On the next run everything was OK.

It's interesting that no one has seen this before, so it's quite
low-probability.  I'll just mention it here for the archives.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Wrong dependency in parallel regression test

Date:
> create_index creates an index on a table "onek2" which is created in
> create_misc.  I just saw this fail because create_index got there first.
> On the next run everything was OK.

> It's interesting that no one has seen this before, so it's quite
> low-probability.

Wow.  Has anyone tried to do an exhaustive check that the parallel
regression test schedule is OK?

I'd think that it could be done in a reasonable amount of time by
running each test of each parallel group (a) first and (b) last
among its group.
        regards, tom lane