help with add constraint syntax needed

From
Mike Haberman
Date:
hello all,

I am using an xml -> sql generator where foreign key are specified
after the columns are. The sql is written as the xml file is being
parsed so, the foreign key stuff must be written after the fact.

The problem I need to solve is adding the on Delete/on Update constraints.

here's what I would like to do (e.g.):

ALTER TABLE league   ADD CONSTRAINT leagueOwnerId FOREIGN KEY (leagueOwnerId)       REFERENCES TeamOwner (id) ON DELETE
CASCASE;

table teamOwner (id)
table league (id, leagueOwnerId)
where leagueOwnerId is a FKey to owner(id)

thanks

mike

I am Vinz, Vinz Clortho.  Keymaster of Gozer,
Volguus Zildrohar, Lord of the Sebouillia.
Are you the Gatekeeper?

Re: help with add constraint syntax needed

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Mike Haberman wrote:

> hello all,
>
> I am using an xml -> sql generator where foreign key are specified
> after the columns are. The sql is written as the xml file is being
> parsed so, the foreign key stuff must be written after the fact.
>
> The problem I need to solve is adding the on Delete/on Update constraints.
>
> here's what I would like to do (e.g.):
>
> ALTER TABLE league
>     ADD CONSTRAINT leagueOwnerId FOREIGN KEY (leagueOwnerId)
>         REFERENCES TeamOwner (id) ON DELETE CASCASE;
>
> table teamOwner (id)
> table league (id, leagueOwnerId)
> where leagueOwnerId is a FKey to owner(id)

What problem are you having?  The above works for me assuming teamowner
has a unique constraint on id on current sources.