help with add constraint syntax needed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mike Haberman
Subject help with add constraint syntax needed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
hello all,

I am using an xml -> sql generator where foreign key are specified
after the columns are. The sql is written as the xml file is being
parsed so, the foreign key stuff must be written after the fact.

The problem I need to solve is adding the on Delete/on Update constraints.

here's what I would like to do (e.g.):

ALTER TABLE league   ADD CONSTRAINT leagueOwnerId FOREIGN KEY (leagueOwnerId)       REFERENCES TeamOwner (id) ON DELETE
CASCASE;

table teamOwner (id)
table league (id, leagueOwnerId)
where leagueOwnerId is a FKey to owner(id)

thanks

mike

I am Vinz, Vinz Clortho.  Keymaster of Gozer,
Volguus Zildrohar, Lord of the Sebouillia.
Are you the Gatekeeper?