Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
broken how?  I just connected into it ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

> broken how?  I just connected into it ...

My guess is that he is seeing the ftp limit.  I hit it too and could not
look at the URL.

> On Tue, 22 May 2001, Karl DeBisschop wrote:
>
> > The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > >
> > > ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v7.1.2 ...
> > >
> > > Just want a second opinion before I announce more publicly ...
> >
> > I'd check. But the postgresql ftp site appears to be broken for the past
> > few days.
> >
> > --
> > Karl
> >

> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
bpalmer
Date:
On Tue, 22 May 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> > > ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v7.1.2 ...
> > >
> > > Just want a second opinion before I announce more publicly ...
> >
> > I'd check. But the postgresql ftp site appears to be broken for the past
> > few days.

My mirror is up to sync for anyone who needs it.

ftp://ftp.crimelabs.net/pub

- brandon

b. palmer,  bpalmer@crimelabs.net
pgp:  www.crimelabs.net/bpalmer.pgp5

Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

Date:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
>> I'd check. But the postgresql ftp site appears to be broken for the past
>> few days.
>
> broken how?  I just connected into it ...

Maybe you did, but no one else can.  ftp.postgresql.org has said

530-        The maximum number of concurrent connections
530-        has been reached.

every time I've tried it for the last several weeks.  The mirrors seem
to have a hard time getting in, too --- digex doesn't have 7.1.2 yet,
for example.

crimelabs has it, however ... am downloading that copy now, will report
back.
        regards, tom lane

Date:
On Wed, 23 May 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> every time I've tried it for the last several weeks.  The mirrors seem
> to have a hard time getting in, too --- digex doesn't have 7.1.2 yet,
> for example.

Does digex use rsync?  That's how i'm getting the files,  so it shouldn't
care about ftp access..

- brandon

b. palmer,  bpalmer@crimelabs.net
pgp:  www.crimelabs.net/bpalmer.pgp5

Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
all mirrors use rsync to update their code, and all of those that are
listed at www.postgresql.org, both ftp and www, are no more then 2 days
old (Vince, it is two days we set it at, right?) ...

On Wed, 23 May 2001, bpalmer wrote:

> On Wed, 23 May 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > every time I've tried it for the last several weeks.  The mirrors seem
> > to have a hard time getting in, too --- digex doesn't have 7.1.2 yet,
> > for example.
>
> Does digex use rsync?  That's how i'm getting the files,  so it shouldn't
> care about ftp access..
>
> - brandon
>

> b. palmer,  bpalmer@crimelabs.net
> pgp:  www.crimelabs.net/bpalmer.pgp5

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
On Wed, 23 May 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> all mirrors use rsync to update their code, and all of those that are
> listed at www.postgresql.org, both ftp and www, are no more then 2 days
> old (Vince, it is two days we set it at, right?) ...

Yup.

Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com