Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v7.1.2 ...

Just want a second opinion before I announce more publicly ...

Thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
The Hermit Hacker writes:

> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v7.1.2 ...
>
> Just want a second opinion before I announce more publicly ...

It contains the 7.2 branch documentation set.  No go...

Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
which ones should I pull in?  the ones in ~/ftp/pub/doc/7.1?  or is there
newer along that tree that we need to generate?

Date:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v7.1.2 ...
> Just want a second opinion before I announce more publicly ...

Looks OK from here except for the problem Peter already noted:
the tarred-up doc files were created from development tip, not 7.1
branch.
        regards, tom lane

Date:
The Hermit Hacker writes:

> which ones should I pull in?  the ones in ~/ftp/pub/doc/7.1?  or is there
> newer along that tree that we need to generate?

You can take

~petere/pg71/pgsql/doc/src/postgres.tar.gz

The man.tar.gz from the ftp directory is okay.

Date:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> which ones should I pull in?  the ones in ~/ftp/pub/doc/7.1?  or is there
> newer along that tree that we need to generate?

I think there are some doc fixes in the REL7_1 branch, so generating
from the end of that branch would be nicest.

Real question is why the build procedure didn't get this right
automatically ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
Sorry for delay ... just built using the .tar.gz file as below if someone
wants to check it to confirm ... for those with shell access on the
server, just ftp to it and login as yourself, and cd to
~pgsql/ftp/pub/source/v7.1.2 ...

if all looks well, I'll put out a more general announce later this evening
after some of the mirrors have had a chance to download ...

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker writes:
>
> > which ones should I pull in?  the ones in ~/ftp/pub/doc/7.1?  or is there
> > newer along that tree that we need to generate?
>
> You can take
>
> ~petere/pg71/pgsql/doc/src/postgres.tar.gz
>
> The man.tar.gz from the ftp directory is okay.

> > > It contains the 7.2 branch documentation set.  No go...
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Looks good for me:
Linux x86, 2.2.19, compiled with --enable-locale
All 76 tests passed.
Oleg
On Thu, 24 May 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Sorry for delay ... just built using the .tar.gz file as below if someone
> wants to check it to confirm ... for those with shell access on the
> server, just ftp to it and login as yourself, and cd to
> ~pgsql/ftp/pub/source/v7.1.2 ...
>
> if all looks well, I'll put out a more general announce later this evening
> after some of the mirrors have had a chance to download ...
>
> On Wed, 23 May 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > The Hermit Hacker writes:
> >
> > > which ones should I pull in?  the ones in ~/ftp/pub/doc/7.1?  or is there
> > > newer along that tree that we need to generate?
> >
> > You can take
> >
> > ~petere/pg71/pgsql/doc/src/postgres.tar.gz
> >
> > The man.tar.gz from the ftp directory is okay.

> > --
> > Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net   http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter
> >

> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
Lamar Owen
Date:

RE: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Date:
> I much prefer the line:
> scp user@server.org:~pgsql/ftp/pub/source/v7.1.2/* .
> myself. :-)  Not to mention that ftp passwords are sent over the wire in
> cleartext :-<. And if you set up RSA authentication, you don't
> even need to
> type in your password, allowing automated mirroring in a secure fashion.
>
> Incidentally, that line works with the proper substitutions.

Really?  I usually have to do this:

scp user@server.org:~pgsql/ftp/pub/source/v7.1.2/\* .

Chris

Date:

Re: Not released yet, but could someone take a quick peak ...

From
Karl DeBisschop
Date:
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v7.1.2 ...
>
> Just want a second opinion before I announce more publicly ...

I'd check. But the postgresql ftp site appears to be broken for the past
few days.

--
Karl