AW: RPM upgrade caveats going from a beta version to RC

From
Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Date:
> However, 7.1beta6 to 7.1rc4 to 7.1.0 would be an ok
> progression, as 7.1 < 7.1.0, I think (saying that without having tested it could be
> dangerous.... :-)).

I like this 7.1.0, it would also help to clarify what exact version is at hand.
People tend to use shorthands like 7.1 to refer to any patch version (like 7.1.3).

Andreas

Re: AW: RPM upgrade caveats going from a beta version to RC

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Zeugswetter Andreas SB writes:

> > However, 7.1beta6 to 7.1rc4 to 7.1.0 would be an ok
> > progression, as 7.1 < 7.1.0, I think (saying that without having tested it could be
> > dangerous.... :-)).
>
> I like this 7.1.0, it would also help to clarify what exact version is at hand.
> People tend to use shorthands like 7.1 to refer to any patch version (like 7.1.3).

I like that.  In fact, we almost shipped a 7.0.0 but it was switched back
at the last minute because that's how it always was.  Perhaps the
objection is that a 7.1.0 would indicate that there will be a 7.1.1 bug
fix release, but let's not kid ourselves.