Re: AW: RPM upgrade caveats going from a beta version to RC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: AW: RPM upgrade caveats going from a beta version to RC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SB writes:

> > However, 7.1beta6 to 7.1rc4 to 7.1.0 would be an ok
> > progression, as 7.1 < 7.1.0, I think (saying that without having tested it could be
> > dangerous.... :-)).
>
> I like this 7.1.0, it would also help to clarify what exact version is at hand.
> People tend to use shorthands like 7.1 to refer to any patch version (like 7.1.3).

I like that.  In fact, we almost shipped a 7.0.0 but it was switched back
at the last minute because that's how it always was.  Perhaps the
objection is that a 7.1.0 would indicate that there will be a 7.1.1 bug
fix release, but let's not kid ourselves.