AW: Re: elog with automatic file, line, and function

From
Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Date:
>  > Nothing for function that I can find.
>
> It is called __func__ in C99 but it is not an object-like macro.  The
> difference is that it behaves as if it were declared thus.

AIX xlc has __FUNCTION__, but unfortunately no __func__ or __PRETTY...
It outputs the full demagled funcname with __FUNCTION__ (like __PRETTY...).

I do not think it would be appropriate to send file, line and func infos to the
client though.

Andreas

Re: AW: Re: elog with automatic file, line, and function

Date:
Zeugswetter Andreas SB  <ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at> writes:
> I do not think it would be appropriate to send file, line and func
> infos to the client though.

We still need to work out the details, but my first thought would be to
make this conditional on the value of some SET variable.  Also, probably
the info should always be recorded in the postmaster log.
        regards, tom lane