wish list for 7.2 (ALTER TABLE)

From
"Martin A. Marques"
Date:
Hi
I'd like to know if someone is working on the ALTER TABLE specs of Postgres.
I think that on this field there is much to do, especially comparing with
other DB servers, which let you change lots of more things that Postgres
doesn't.
Hope this can make a better product for the moving people... ;-)

Saludos... :-)

--
System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.

Re: wish list for 7.2 (ALTER TABLE)

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Martin A. Marques wrote:

> Hi
> I'd like to know if someone is working on the ALTER TABLE specs of Postgres.
> I think that on this field there is much to do, especially comparing with
> other DB servers, which let you change lots of more things that Postgres
> doesn't.
> Hope this can make a better product for the moving people... ;-)

Yes, there are various people looking at various pieces of ALTER TABLE.
Mostly adding constraints and dropping columns as far as I know, but
there's always room for people to work on stuff :)

Re: wish list for 7.2 (ALTER TABLE)

From
"Martin A. Marques"
Date:
El Vie 16 Feb 2001 19:11, escribiste:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Martin A. Marques wrote:
> > Hi
> > I'd like to know if someone is working on the ALTER TABLE specs of
> > Postgres. I think that on this field there is much to do, especially
> > comparing with other DB servers, which let you change lots of more things
> > that Postgres doesn't.
> > Hope this can make a better product for the moving people... ;-)
>
> Yes, there are various people looking at various pieces of ALTER TABLE.
> Mostly adding constraints and dropping columns as far as I know, but
> there's always room for people to work on stuff :)

Well, show me the place!
Now, talking serious, where should I look? Download the CVS? Then, in with
branch should I start looking?

Thanks for the reply. ;-)

Saludos... ;-)