Co-Location

From
"Rod Taylor"
Date:
InQuent Technologies (www.inquent.com) has been using Postgresql for quite a while now on various projects.  It also has space in several large data centres.  After a brief discussion with my manager, it should be feasible to offer a server and bandwidth to accomplish things which are needed should they be needed.

Please reply with hardware and bandwidth (per month) required, as well as how it will help you out (thereby helping us out) so that I can make a proper business case out of it for upper management.

If you (collective core) feels that PostgreSQL has all the resources it requires at the moment, then please ignore this message.

Thanks,
    Rod Taylor
    Developer -- InQuent Technologies

--
Rod Taylor

There are always four sides to every story: your side, their side, the truth, and what really happened.
Attachment

Re: Co-Location

Date:
"Rod Taylor" <rbt@zort.on.ca> writes:
> If you (collective core) feels that PostgreSQL has all the resources it req=
> uires at the moment, then please ignore this message.

Rod, I don't think the project has any need for full-up hosting as such,
but access to unusual platforms is frequently useful for chasing
portability problems.  If your machines are running something other than
a run-of-the-mill setup (which I'd define as Linux or *BSD on Intel),
it might be useful to have access to them for testing.  An unprivileged
user account with adequate disk space and access to the usual
development tools (compiler, debugger, etc) would be all we'd need.
Let us know if you think you can contribute along that line.
        regards, tom lane