(download ANSI SQL benchmark?) Re: Postgres article

From
Limin Liu
Date:
This's great.  I have tested Postgres and MySQL with the benchmark shipped with mysql and (of course) MySQL out perform Postgres.

I wonder does anyone know where can we download the ANSI SQL benchmark (AN3AP) suite?  I'd like to run this benchmark test myself, since this is the only benchmark I have read so far that Postgres out perform MySQL.

Thanx in advance.

--
Limin Liu

Re: (download ANSI SQL benchmark?) Re: Postgres article

From
Ned Lilly
Date:
(bcc to -hackers)

The Benchmark Factory software, recently acquired by Quest Software,
can be downloaded for a 30-day trial (limited # of users) at:

http://www.benchmarkfactory.com/emaildatabase/FormBenchmarkFactoryTrial.asp?product=BenchmarkFactory

(note long URL above might have wrapped)

That's the package we used - also the one that eWeek (formerly
PCWeek) and other trade magazines use.  See
http://www.greatbridge.com/about/press.php?content_id=4 for more
info on how we conducted the test.

Regards,
Ned

Limin Liu wrote:

> This's great.  I have tested Postgres and MySQL with the benchmark
> shipped with mysql and (of course) MySQL out perform Postgres.
>
> I wonder does anyone know where can we download the ANSI SQL
> benchmark (AN3AP) suite?  I'd like to run this benchmark test
> myself, since this is the only benchmark I have read so far that
> Postgres out perform MySQL.
>
> Thanx in advance.
>

> > Did someone read bout this?
> >
> > http://www.angelfire.com/nv/aldev/pgsql/GreatBridge.html
> >

> --
> Limin Liu

Re: (download ANSI SQL benchmark?) Re: Postgres article

From
Don Baccus
Date: