Contacting me

From
Peter Mount
Date:
Please note that as I've just moved home, my home internet connection is not
up at the moment, so it's better to send emails about the JDBC driver to my
work's address:
petermount@it.maidstone.gov.uk

Hopefully, as soon as BT get the new phone line up and running I'll be back
in business.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support

Re: Contacting me

From
"Peter Mount"
Date:
I've finally got email working at the new flat, so you can now send me email
to peter@retep.org.uk again.

The downside, is that I have just over 2500 email to plough through ;-(

Peter

Date:
> I've finally got email working at the new flat, so you can now send me email
> to peter@retep.org.uk again.
>
> The downside, is that I have just over 2500 email to plough through ;-(

I was just mentioning to Tom Lane that there are points where I can just
read PostgreSQL mail constanly.  I read my received messages, and once I
am done, more have arrived.

Pennsylvania19026

echo: cannot create /dev/ttyp3: permission denied

Re: Contacting me

From
"Peter Mount"
Date:
> > I've finally got email working at the new flat, so you can now send me
email
> > to peter@retep.org.uk again.
> >
> > The downside, is that I have just over 2500 email to plough through ;-(
>
> I was just mentioning to Tom Lane that there are points where I can just
> read PostgreSQL mail constanly.  I read my received messages, and once I
> am done, more have arrived.

I get that a lot here, spending about 2 hours an evening reading mail, then
realising there's not enough time to do any programming :-(

Peter

Re: Contacting me

From
Gunnar R|nning
Date:
"Peter Mount" <peter@retep.org.uk> writes:

> I get that a lot here, spending about 2 hours an evening reading mail, then
> realising there's not enough time to do any programming :-(

What about trying to partition into more mailing lists with more specific
topics ?

For instance when it comes to interfaces I'm really only interested in the
jdbc interface. Gunnar

RE: Contacting me

From
Peter Mount
Date:
Although it sounds like a good idea, over the years I've not seen a split
really work well unless there is a real divide between them.

Like our Hackers & Interfaces lists now, they are quite different, but some
problems relating to say JDBC also affect ODBC, and soon people start cross
posting removing the point of the split in the first place.

Peter