FW: Query

From
Vince Vielhaber
Date:
This was sent to webmaster@postgresql.org.  Anyone have an answer
to it?  I'm not familiar with oracle so I don't know what he's
talking about.

Vince.

-----FW: <19991117174920.10322.rocketmail@web2103.mail.yahoo.com>-----
From: nitin thakkar <nitinthakkar@yahoo.com>
To: webmaster@postgresql.org
Subject: Query

Hi,

I am PostGRESql user and have a query :

DOES POSTGRESQL SUPPORT DATABASE LINK AS IN ORACLE 8.0

Regards
Nitin

=====

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------

Re: [HACKERS] FW: Query

From
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> This was sent to webmaster@postgresql.org.  Anyone have an answer
> to it?  I'm not familiar with oracle so I don't know what he's
> talking about.
>
> Vince.
>

> I am PostGRESql user and have a query :
>
> DOES POSTGRESQL SUPPORT DATABASE LINK AS IN ORACLE 8.0

    AFAIK  it  means  to  show  up  a virtual relation, that is a
    relation in another database. So  if  you  query  your  local
    relation,  your  backend  connects  to the other database and
    virtually shares this relation.

    No, PostgreSQL does not support this.

Jan