Re: [HACKERS] FW: Query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] FW: Query
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> This was sent to webmaster@postgresql.org.  Anyone have an answer
> to it?  I'm not familiar with oracle so I don't know what he's
> talking about.
>
> Vince.
>

> I am PostGRESql user and have a query :
>
> DOES POSTGRESQL SUPPORT DATABASE LINK AS IN ORACLE 8.0

    AFAIK  it  means  to  show  up  a virtual relation, that is a
    relation in another database. So  if  you  query  your  local
    relation,  your  backend  connects  to the other database and
    virtually shares this relation.

    No, PostgreSQL does not support this.

Jan