6.5.1 release

Date:
I have updated the needed files in preparation for 6.5.1.

Thomas, release.sgml and install.sgml are ready to be converted to text
files.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: 6.5.1 release

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> I have updated the needed files in preparation for 6.5.1.
> Thomas, release.sgml and install.sgml are ready to be converted to text
> files.

Just back from vacation, and still wading through 800 e-mail messages
:(

Where are we on this?
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] Re: 6.5.1 release

Date:
> Where are we on this?

CVS tree split was done yesterday, we're planning 6.5.1 release Monday,
I believe.
        regards, tom lane

Re: 6.5.1 release

Date:
> > I have updated the needed files in preparation for 6.5.1.
> > Thomas, release.sgml and install.sgml are ready to be converted to text
> > files.
>
> Just back from vacation, and still wading through 800 e-mail messages
> :(
>
> Where are we on this?

Waiting for you.  Release is 19th.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Re: 6.5.1 release

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> > Where are we on this?
>
> CVS tree split was done yesterday, we're planning 6.5.1 release Monday,
> I believe.

Correct, but if Thomas needs a little more time to go over things, I have
no problems with that either...that's the poin tof hte branch ;)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Re: 6.5.1 release

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> > > Where are we on this?
> > CVS tree split was done yesterday, we're planning 6.5.1 release Monday,
> > I believe.
> Correct, but if Thomas needs a little more time to go over things, I have
> no problems with that either...that's the poin tof hte branch ;)

I think I'm OK with the schedule, and I've caught up with e-mail so I
think I know what's going on ;)
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: 6.5.1 release

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> I have updated the needed files in preparation for 6.5.1.
> Thomas, release.sgml and install.sgml are ready to be converted to
> text files.

OK. I've got patches for INSTALL and RELEASE ready to go, and will fix
up postgres.tar.gz and admin.tar.gz soon.

But I've got cvs troubles on postgresql.org:

> cvs -Q checkout -rREL6_5 pgsql
> cvs commit HISTORY
cvs commit: sticky tag `REL6_5' for file `HISTORY' is not a branch

Right. I saw something about that in my mail backlog. So scrappy
apparently created a branch after creating the tag which wanted to be
a branch. So try again:

> cvs checkout -rREL6_5_PATCHES pgsql
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot write
/usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT/val-tags: Permission denied

?? Any suggestions?
                - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: 6.5.1 release

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
Guess is as good as mine?

Looking into it right now, give me a couple...

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > I have updated the needed files in preparation for 6.5.1.
> > Thomas, release.sgml and install.sgml are ready to be converted to
> > text files.
>
> OK. I've got patches for INSTALL and RELEASE ready to go, and will fix
> up postgres.tar.gz and admin.tar.gz soon.
>
> But I've got cvs troubles on postgresql.org:
>
> > cvs -Q checkout -rREL6_5 pgsql
> > cvs commit HISTORY
> cvs commit: sticky tag `REL6_5' for file `HISTORY' is not a branch
>
> Right. I saw something about that in my mail backlog. So scrappy
> apparently created a branch after creating the tag which wanted to be
> a branch. So try again:
>
> > cvs checkout -rREL6_5_PATCHES pgsql
> cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot write
> /usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT/val-tags: Permission denied
>
> ?? Any suggestions?
>
>                  - Thomas
>
> --
> Thomas Lockhart                lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu