developer's guide?

From
"ho9221"
Hi hackers:

I plan to do some research on indexing and concurrency control, and
implement
the algorithms into PostgreSQL. Do some comparison on them.

Would anyone suggest me where I should go into first?

I saw there should be a developer's guide out there, but I looked all over
the web and
could not find it. Please point me the direction. Thank you.

Jack Ho
University of Oklahoma
School of Computer Science

Home:
Phone: 405-579-3368
Address: 333 E Brooks #6              Norman, OK 73069

Oklahoma State Department of Health
Immunization Division

Office:
Phone:    405-271-7200 ext 46182
FAX:       405-271-6133
Address: Oklahoma State Department of Health              NCH-Immunization, Jack Ho              1000 N.E. 10th
    Oklahoma City, OK 73117-1299

RE: developer's guide?

From
Matthias Schmitt
Date:
>Would anyone suggest me where I should go into first?
>
>I saw there should be a developer's guide out there, but I looked all over
>the web and
>could not find it. Please point me the direction. Thank you.

You can find all documentation as part of the normal Postgres distribution
in the 'doc' directory.

Good luck

Matthias Schmitt
magic moving pixel s.a.   http://www.mmp.lu

Re: [HACKERS] developer's guide?

Date:
> Hi hackers:
>
> I plan to do some research on indexing and concurrency control, and
> implement
> the algorithms into PostgreSQL. Do some comparison on them.
>
> Would anyone suggest me where I should go into first?
>
> I saw there should be a developer's guide out there, but I looked all over
> the web and
> could not find it. Please point me the direction. Thank you.

At www.postgresql.org, choose support, then documenation.  It's all
there, developers guide, flow chart, and developers FAQ.

Pennsylvania19026