duplicate oids in pg_proc

From
t-ishii@sra.co.jp
Date:
There are some duplicate oids in pg_proc of May30 snapshot.

test=> select p1.oid,p1.proname,p2.proname from pg_proc p1,pg_proc p2
where p1.oid = p2.oid and p1.proname > p2.proname;

 oid|proname     |proname
----+------------+-----------
1377|textoctetlen|char
1374|octet_length|char_bpchar
1375|octet_length|bpchar
1376|octet_length|bpchar_char
1600|version     |line
(5 rows)

I know octet_length's are from my patch but for others I don't know.
Comments?
--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii@sra.co.jp

Re: [HACKERS] duplicate oids in pg_proc

From
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Date:
> There are some duplicate oids in pg_proc of May30 snapshot.
>
> test=> select p1.oid,p1.proname,p2.proname from pg_proc p1,pg_proc p2
> where p1.oid = p2.oid and p1.proname > p2.proname;
>
>  oid|proname     |proname
> ----+------------+-----------
> 1377|textoctetlen|char
> 1374|octet_length|char_bpchar
> 1375|octet_length|bpchar
> 1376|octet_length|bpchar_char
> 1600|version     |line
> (5 rows)
>
> I know octet_length's are from my patch but for others I don't know.
> Comments?

Those must be mine (char, char_bpchar, bpchar, bpchar_char). I am sure
that I ran ./unused_oids to assign them, but obviously messed it up.
Will reassign soon. Darn :(

                     - Tom

Date:
> > There are some duplicate oids in pg_proc of May30 snapshot.
> > I know octet_length's are from my patch but for others I don't know.
> > Comments?
>
> Those must be mine (char, char_bpchar, bpchar, bpchar_char). I am sure
> that I ran ./unused_oids to assign them, but obviously messed it up.
> Will reassign soon. Darn :(

Oh, I see what happened. I developed on a revlocked tree from 980513 and
then patched the current tree and ran the regression tests. Patches
applied cleanly and the regression tests passed, so I submitted the
patches.

In the meantime your patches used the same OIDs, and the regression test
is apparently not sensitive to the overlap.

Just to avoid confusion: only one of us should try to fix the problem :)
Shall I, or are you already working on it?

                         - Tom

Date:
>> > There are some duplicate oids in pg_proc of May30 snapshot.
>> > I know octet_length's are from my patch but for others I don't know.
>> > Comments?
>>
>> Those must be mine (char, char_bpchar, bpchar, bpchar_char). I am sure
>> that I ran ./unused_oids to assign them, but obviously messed it up.
>> Will reassign soon. Darn :(
>
>Oh, I see what happened. I developed on a revlocked tree from 980513 and
>then patched the current tree and ran the regression tests. Patches
>applied cleanly and the regression tests passed, so I submitted the
>patches.
>
>In the meantime your patches used the same OIDs, and the regression test
>is apparently not sensitive to the overlap.
>
>Just to avoid confusion: only one of us should try to fix the problem :)
>Shall I, or are you already working on it?

Not yet. Could you solve the duplication? Thanks in advance,
--
Tatuso Ishii
t-ishii@sra.co.jp