regression test "strings" failure.

From
Keith Parks
Date:
Hi All,

I'm getting the following failure in the "strings" regression test:-

======   strings   ======
15c15
< ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(bpchar) does not exist
---
> ERROR:  : function text(bpchar) does not exist
17c17
< ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(varchar) does not exist
---
> ERROR:  : function text(varchar) does not exist

This message comes from a call to  func_error() but the 1st arg to the
call has changed from "func_get_detail" to "".

I can only think this change is deliberate, but why.

All the code is in backend/parser/parse_func.c

Thanks,
Keith.

Re: [HACKERS] regression test "strings" failure.

From
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Date:
> I'm getting the following failure in the "strings" regression test:-

What is the date/time on your snapshot? I ran a fresh build yesterday
from the development tree as of about 980202 15:20UTC. Didn't see the
problem...

                                          - Tom

> ======   strings   ======
> 15c15
> < ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(bpchar) does not exist
> ---
> > ERROR:  : function text(bpchar) does not exist
> 17c17
> < ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(varchar) does not exist
> ---
> > ERROR:  : function text(varchar) does not exist
>
> This message comes from a call to  func_error() but the 1st arg to the
> call has changed from "func_get_detail" to "".
>
> I can only think this change is deliberate, but why.
>
> All the code is in backend/parser/parse_func.c
>
> Thanks,
> Keith.

Re: regression test "strings" failure.

> Hi All,
>
> I'm getting the following failure in the "strings" regression test:-
>
> ======   strings   ======
> 15c15
> < ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(bpchar) does not exist
> ---
> > ERROR:  : function text(bpchar) does not exist
> 17c17
> < ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(varchar) does not exist
> ---
> > ERROR:  : function text(varchar) does not exist
>
> This message comes from a call to  func_error() but the 1st arg to the
> call has changed from "func_get_detail" to "".
>
> I can only think this change is deliberate, but why.
>
> All the code is in backend/parser/parse_func.c

Yes, I felt that the message, "function text(bpchar) does not exist",
was pretty clear without giving them a funny function name to confuse
them.

maillist@candle.pha.pa.us

Re: [HACKERS] regression test "strings" failure.

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Keith Parks wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm getting the following failure in the "strings" regression test:-
>
> ======   strings   ======
> 15c15
> < ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(bpchar) does not exist
> ---
> > ERROR:  : function text(bpchar) does not exist
> 17c17
> < ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(varchar) does not exist
> ---
> > ERROR:  : function text(varchar) does not exist
>
> This message comes from a call to  func_error() but the 1st arg to the
> call has changed from "func_get_detail" to "".
>
> I can only think this change is deliberate, but why.
>
> All the code is in backend/parser/parse_func.c

    I fixed this and committed it:

----------------------------
revision 1.10
date: 1998/02/02 02:12:34;  author: scrappy;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -3
set "caller" value in parse_func.h to func_get_detail instead of just ""

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Re: regression test "strings" failure.

From
The Hermit Hacker
Date:
On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm getting the following failure in the "strings" regression test:-
> >
> > ======   strings   ======
> > 15c15
> > < ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(bpchar) does not exist
> > ---
> > > ERROR:  : function text(bpchar) does not exist
> > 17c17
> > < ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(varchar) does not exist
> > ---
> > > ERROR:  : function text(varchar) does not exist
> >
> > This message comes from a call to  func_error() but the 1st arg to the
> > call has changed from "func_get_detail" to "".
> >
> > I can only think this change is deliberate, but why.
> >
> > All the code is in backend/parser/parse_func.c
>
> Yes, I felt that the message, "function text(bpchar) does not exist",
> was pretty clear without giving them a funny function name to confuse
> them.

    Oops...removed and also removed the 'caller' variable to
func_error...will do a clean compile tonight and make sure there are
'mis-prototypes' as a result of change...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

unsubscribe

From