Re: [HACKERS] Re: regression test "strings" failure. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: regression test "strings" failure.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm getting the following failure in the "strings" regression test:-
> >
> > ======   strings   ======
> > 15c15
> > < ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(bpchar) does not exist
> > ---
> > > ERROR:  : function text(bpchar) does not exist
> > 17c17
> > < ERROR:  func_get_detail: function text(varchar) does not exist
> > ---
> > > ERROR:  : function text(varchar) does not exist
> >
> > This message comes from a call to  func_error() but the 1st arg to the
> > call has changed from "func_get_detail" to "".
> >
> > I can only think this change is deliberate, but why.
> >
> > All the code is in backend/parser/parse_func.c
>
> Yes, I felt that the message, "function text(bpchar) does not exist",
> was pretty clear without giving them a funny function name to confuse
> them.

    Oops...removed and also removed the 'caller' variable to
func_error...will do a clean compile tonight and make sure there are
'mis-prototypes' as a result of change...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org