PGPASSWORD - More than one in a bash script

From
Patrick B
Date:
Hi guys,

I'm writing a bash script to dump and restore (pg_dump + pg_restore) a test database.

However, the username to access the pg_dump server is different of the one to access pg_restore.

I'm using the PGPASSWORD parameter on the script, but can I put two of that?

like:
PGPASSWORD
PGPASSWORD2

If not, do you guys have any idea how I could do this?

I'm using PostgreSQL 9.5

cheers

Re: PGPASSWORD - More than one in a bash script

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/libpq-pgpass.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: PGPASSWORD - More than one in a bash script

From
"David G. Johnston"

I'm writing a bash script to dump and restore (pg_dump + pg_restore) a test database.

However, the username to access the pg_dump server is different of the one to access pg_restore.

I'm using the PGPASSWORD parameter on the script, but can I put two of that?

like:
PGPASSWORD
PGPASSWORD2

If not, do you guys have any idea how I could do this?

I'm using PostgreSQL 9.5

You cannot.  Instead, create your own variables and then, in the script, assign their values to pgpassword when appropriate.

David J.