Re: PGPASSWORD - More than one in a bash script - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: PGPASSWORD - More than one in a bash script
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thursday, August 18, 2016, Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm writing a bash script to dump and restore (pg_dump + pg_restore) a test database.

However, the username to access the pg_dump server is different of the one to access pg_restore.

I'm using the PGPASSWORD parameter on the script, but can I put two of that?

like:
PGPASSWORD
PGPASSWORD2

If not, do you guys have any idea how I could do this?

I'm using PostgreSQL 9.5

You cannot.  Instead, create your own variables and then, in the script, assign their values to pgpassword when appropriate.

David J.