Tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit

From
"Igal @ Lucee.org"
Date:
Hi Everybody,

I have posted a video tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BJmuZT5IPE

It was quite difficult for me to figure it out, so hopefully it will make life easier for
the next guy (or gal).

--

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer

Re: Tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit

From
Joshua Berkus

> I have posted a video tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for
> Windows 64bit
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BJmuZT5IPE
>
> It was quite difficult for me to figure it out, so hopefully it will
> make life easier for
> the next guy (or gal).

Wow, thanks for doing that!

--
Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS

Re: Tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 01/25/2016 10:49 AM, Joshua Berkus wrote:

> [...]

Yes, no doubt. Can we get this linked somewhere so we don't lose it?

JD

                      +1-503-667-4564

Re: Tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On 01/25/2016 10:49 AM, Joshua Berkus wrote:

Here would be fine, no?
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Detailed_installation_guides
There is a section for Windows.
--
Michael

Date:
On 01/25/2016 05:29 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> On 01/25/2016 10:49 AM, Joshua Berkus wrote:

Yeah probably. I don't have wiki editing privs though.

JD

                      +1-503-667-4564

Date:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On 01/25/2016 05:29 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 3:56 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>
>> wrote:

A community account should be enough, but never mind, I have added it.
--
Michael

Re: Tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Igal @ Lucee.org schrieb am 25.01.2016 um 19:46:
> I have posted a video tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BJmuZT5IPE
>
> It was quite difficult for me to figure it out, so hopefully it will make life easier for
> the next guy (or gal).

Very helpful, thanks.

Is there any tutorial on how to compile extensions for Windows?

There are many interesting extensions where no Windows binaries are available, so it would be really helpful if I could
compilethem myself.

Regards
Thomas

Date:
On 1/25/2016 10:51 PM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Very helpful, thanks.
Great, thank you for the feedback.
> Is there any tutorial on how to compile extensions for Windows?
>
> There are many interesting extensions where no Windows binaries are available, so it would be really helpful if I
couldcompile them myself.
I'm actually trying to figure those things out, and once I do
(hopefully) I plan to post similar tutorials.

My top two extensions of interest are plv8 and tds_fdw.

Igal

Re: Tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit

From
"Edson F. Lidorio"

I have posted a video tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BJmuZT5IPE

It was quite difficult for me to figure it out, so hopefully it will make life easier for
the next guy (or gal).

--

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Hello,
Excellent Tutorial,
How to compile the master version 9.6 Dev, for Linux?

Re: Tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit

From
"Shulgin, Oleksandr"
Date:
I have posted a video tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BJmuZT5IPE

It was quite difficult for me to figure it out, so hopefully it will make life easier for
the next guy (or gal).

--

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Hello,
Excellent Tutorial,
How to compile the master version 9.6 Dev, for Linux?

I also find "apt-get build-dep postgresql-common" command particularly useful.

--
Alex

Re: Tutorial on How to Compile PostgreSQL 9.5 for Windows 64bit

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 1/26/2016 7:21 AM, Edson F. Lidorio wrote:
> How to compile the master version 9.6 Dev, for Linux?

do note, 9.6 is still a early beta, and is probably 6 months from
feature complete and a year+ from release.