trouble downloading postgres 9.4 for RHEL 6.x

From
anj patnaik
Date:
Several weeks ago, I successfully downloaded postgresql-9.4.4-3-linux-x64.run on a Linux server.

Today, I attempted to download from the site. I notice 9.5 is there, but getting lots of errors:

1) when downloading and running latest

rchive:  /home/apatnaik/Downloads/postgresql-9.4.5-1-windows-x64.exe
[/home/apatnaik/Downloads/postgresql-9.4.5-1-windows-x64.exe]
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
zipinfo:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/apatnaik/Downloads/postgresql-9.4.5-1-windows-x64.exe or
          /home/apatnaik/Downloads/postgresql-9.4.5-1-windows-x64.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/apatnaik/Downloads/postgresql-9.4.5-1-windows-x64.exe.ZIP, period.

2) Then I tried to scp from the other machine and changed permissions to 777 and used sudo to execute the file but get this:

bash-4.1$ chmod 777 postgresql-9.4.4-3-linux-x64.run
bash-4.1$ sudo ./postgresql-9.4.4-3-linux-x64.run
Installer payload initialization failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt downloaded file.

What is the recommended 9.4 version to download from and the steps?

I want to use the graphical installer since I used it last time.

Thanks a lot!!

Re: trouble downloading postgres 9.4 for RHEL 6.x

From
John R Pierce
Date: